Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ugh, the pain!!

I ended up at the ER Monday afternoon. I had a bit of chest pain Sunday night or early Monday morning that woke me up. I didn't think anything about it because it went away instantly. I woke up Monday morning very dizzy, lightheaded, and my vision was very blurry. I showered, shaved my legs, did my hair and makeup, and went to the ER. I also packed a bag because I figured they would keep me to do the heart catheterization. They did admit me after I sat in the ER for 8 hours. They did the heart catheterization yesterday and I got to come home yesterday afternoon. I love my cardiologist!! The heart cath wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I only felt the needle to numb my groin area and a bit of pressure from the catheter. When he removed the catheter, my whole body got hot, it was really weird, but normal according to him. I have a small incision and was able to get up and move around after only two hours thanks to a new closure they use on the vein. There is no way I could have laid there for 8 hours like my dad had to because my back was killing me and I was having back spasms. I now have to stay reclined or in bed for two days so I'll be up and around again on Friday. I'm still a bit sore at the incision site, but not too bad. I look like a junkie because they had a hard time getting a vein in my arms for the IV lines. I think they stuck me about 9 times between both arms. I asked if they were going to start between my toes next. That's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home