Friday, March 24, 2006

Just remember, 1-2 pounds a week is normal!!

For some reason the past couple of days there have been a lot of posts on the NSBB with people upset and discouraged because they've only lost (for example) 13 pounds in 6 weeks. I posted this over there this morning and thought I would post it here in case anyone actually reads this blog and missed that post.

PLEASE keep in mind that the normal, safe, average weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Yes, some weeks you may not lose any weight at all. Some weeks you might even gain a pound or so due to TOM. DO NOT get discouraged. There is no reason to as you are right on track and doing great!! Everyone loses differently. The more you weigh, the faster you will lose weight at first.

You also lose more your first week (normally) due to water weight. If you only have 30 pounds to lose from the beginning, you aren't going to lose as much as someone who has 130 pounds to lose. DO NOT let it discourage you. Also make sure and take measurements. Many times you will lose inches and not pounds. You are still technically getting healthy.

I don't necessarily have a goal weight I want to be at. I just want to be healthy and feel good. I suppose I'll just know when I reach that point. Good luck to everyone and don't get discouraged!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home