Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Minor meltdown

So, I had a bit of a meltdown over the weekend. My cousin Sita, who is nothing but a user, has been invited to my sister's baby shower. I cannot stand this woman. All she does is put me down when I am around her and I have never done anything to her or said anything to her to deserve to be treated that way. She is just a bitch. She and my great aunt, her mom, are both coming. I used to spend weekends at my aunt's house on the beach when I was a teenager and my aunt and I were pretty close. Now she has nothing to do with me. Why, you ask? Because my husband is half Puerto Rican. She doesn't believe in any type of mixed-race marriages even though our family isn't 100% pure anything. She is blind to the fact that her dear bitch of a daughter has dated and lived with women, black men, hispanic men, and white men, which I don't have a problem with. Anyway, my sister is having two baby showers so I was hoping that they would be going to the baby shower that I'm not going to. I haven't seen Sita since my mom's funeral services nearly six years ago. The last straw for me dealing with the bitch was before my mom passed. Mom was in a coma in the hospital and Sita came up to see her. We were all standing around the bed and Sita kept saying that my mom would come out of the coma and that she wasn't as bad off as the doctors told us. She kept rocking my moms bed from side to side to try to get some sort of reaction. Helllooooo dumbass, she's gone ... she's not there .. no brain function. I was so pissed that she was acting like that. Every event she goes to she has to be the center of attention.

So the bitch shows up at mom's funeral services. I was walking out of the building before the services started with my mom's best friend and the friend's husband. The cousin comes up and hugs the friend and her husband and pays me no attention. Gee, I didn't just lose my mom a few days ago, two days after my 26th birthday, don't acknowledge my loss. So, I walked off. After the services, we gathered together for snacks and such. I was sitting next to mom's best friend and her husband and got up to go get a drink. Sita comes and sits in my seat and turns her back to the empty seat so when I come back to sit down I am totally excluded from the conversation. Every time I have seen her prior to that, she always talks about what a brat I was as a child. How the hell would she know? I moved to Florida when I was 6 years old and she grew up in Indiana!!!

Anyway, the baby shower is February 25th and I was looking forward to going, but now I'm not. I get tired of being made to feel like shit by her. I so much want to say something to her if she starts her crap, but don't want to ruin my sister's baby shower. I'm even thinking about just not going at all. I don't want to say anything to my sister about it because I don't want to upset her. She has enough going on without me adding to it. I don't know what to do. I was talking to my grandmother about it on Sunday and I just had a meltdown and cried all day. I don't want to be around her at all. This really sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home